Wednesday 23 January 2013

Let it snow, let it snow


The Gentleman was back in Old Blighty on business. The country was (once again) brought to a standstill as a result of snow. Death, taxes and snow in the winter, people... The roads were blocked, the airports closed and the flights cancelled. 


Like thousands of others he found himself stranded at the airport not knowing when and if he'd be able to leave the country.


While my English friends were complaining about the freezing weather (-2) Finland was soldiering on in -20. Going to work, getting around and making sure every flight departed on schedule. It takes a bit more than ice, snow or the Russian army to stop my countrymen!


That inspired me to pick up a pair of scissors and work on my Edvardian Schissorhandicarftmanship, in the form of snowflakes we used to make as kids. The results are around you. Seems OCD got the better of me again...







No comments :

Post a Comment