Tuesday 28 October 2014

Winecruising on Viking Grace

Yup - these past few days have been awash with wine, food and good life. After that tasting dinner at Faro we took a trip to Turku, where we were Viking Line's guests on a wine cruise hosted by #1 wine writer in the country. And the day after we returned back home? Wine Expo!

So, yes, I've had more than my share of treats of which the Instagram followers got to enjoy in real time. This time I'm not going to analyze every detail and instead I'm going to let these collages (Iphone quality, I know..) do all the talking.




Wine tastings, rare bottles being opened just for us, glorious meals, great company, superb Champagnes, fantastic conversations, observations, experiences, learning new things, lie-ins in the morning, bubbly-laced breakfast, lectures, exciting new wines,  interesting producers... and the first time I ever got to witness an actual "oh, waiter - there's a fly in my soup" - conversation.  Though in all honesty that soup was actually Piper Heidsieck Rare Millessime Brut from 2002...! (oh, I'm spoilt, I know...)

Fantastic trip - highly recommend!


____________________



ANYONE FOR SECONDS?





      



No comments :

Post a Comment