Thursday 7 April 2016

Quick and easy weekday treat: pasta with pea pesto and crunchy bacon

Thirties are apparently the busiest years in anyone's life. And boy, does it feel like that, too. Usually though people my age are also juggling marriages and mortgages and children's football practices too, in addition to everything else. How that is even possible I don't know. I mean, how many hours do they have in their day?

Lately this rush hour of my life has been even more hectic than usual. Last time I got enough sleep was sometime at the beginning of the decade. The bags under my eyes are beginning to reach the point that the airlines will start charging extra for them.  

Even in the sleep-deprived haze I navigate my days in I still need to eat. This recipe is from one of the many, many enticing cook books that have been published this spring, which I have a whole stack to get through...





Serves 2

Pasta with pea pesto and crunchy bacon

170 g bacon

Pea pesto:

200 g frozen peas
1/2 bunch basil
1/2 dl grated Parmesan
1 tbsp oil
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove
1/2 dl pasta cooking water

Lemon oil:

1/2 dl oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
The zest of a lemon, in thin strips
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt

To serve: 1 dl Parmesan shavings

Roast bacon until crisp, either in an oven or in  a pan over moderate heat.

Prepare the pea pesto by blizzing peas, basil leaves, Parmesan, oil, lemon juice and seasoning in a blender or a food processor. Add cooking water from pasta to reach the desired consistency.

This point at latest start cooking the pasta. Combine the ingredients for the lemon oil. 

Add lemon oil into the cooked and drained pasta. Add pea pesto and crumbled up bacon. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and serve.




Any fool-proof weekday dinner life-saving recipes you've come tor rely on?

___________________


ANYONE FOR SECONDS?



      


SHARING IS CARING!

2 comments :

  1. After taking the bath it's most important to cover very well your tub. Covering bath tubs makes your tub long lasting. jacuzzi cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing it, I feel so good when I was reading it. It's so delicious. voyager portable hot tub

    ReplyDelete